Monday, August 24, 2009

More than a Great Grandma!

Heads Up, Lot of Pictures!

I am sad to say that I'm barely getting around to posting about my Grandma Witt's funeral. It was sad and wonderful at the same time! To have the family all together was wonderful. I'm so glad I was able to see everyone who came. We went to my moms cabin a couple days before and just headed to Venice the morning of the funeral. Thank to my moms friend Corrine who let shower at her place! We put the girls hair up in curlers the night before. Which was pretty funny.





I had never done that to Jorja and she couldn't sleep with them in. She would rest for only ten minutes than sit up and rip out a curler before crashing back down. We put them back in and her hair turned out super cute.

It was very much a sign that the only dress Jorja fit into was my old red dress. She was super cute running around in that dress.




It's a pretty famous dress on that side of the family. My amazing cousin Andra and I had matching dresses that our mothers had made for us. My great grandpa and grandma Witt gave us the red fabric. We have this super cute picture of the two of us... the crazy thing is EVERYONE has that pictures. Family I hardly know... always remember Andra and I because of the red dresses. I have had comments about it my whole life. I have that picture of us on my fridge. I am very grateful that my girls have also been able to wear that dress! It means a lot to me that Jorja wore it to Grandma's Funeral. Full Circle.

Grandma's funeral was perfect. Having the family all together was wonderful. Everyone captured the amazing person that Grandma is. She had a beautiful purple coffin with her family close, her chicken and quilts surrounding her, it was beautiful. My Dad said a very short and poignant prayer before closing the casket. It was perfect. I thank everyone who got up and spoke and participated in the services. It was beautiful and wonderful to remember the amazing woman that she is. She leaves behind an amazing legacy. She was an angel and always so happy to see you! She loved people and showered her joy on everyone around her. I'm very lucky to have known my Great Grandma and I will miss her dearly.


Olivia started getting sick in the middle of the graveside service. It was so hot out there and she just got over heated. Once she got some water and cooled down she was good to go. We had a lovely lunch back at the church and it was fun to sit and visit with everyone.



My Mom and Aunt Pam... Pam was my moms Maid of Honor at my mom and dad's wedding. She married my grandpa's little brother my great uncle Von. Mom really enjoyed catching up with her old friend.

My aunt Karen and her newest Grandbaby. So cute miss Kiya is!

Blake, Lindz and Jaye visiting.

Uncle Doug and my Daddy

We migrated over to Grandma and Grandpa Marshall's house to visit for a bit. I love The Ranch. It is such an amazing place. The feel of it there is so calming and peaceful. I have lots of happy memories there. I could so live there! Grandma took Liv and Jorja over to see the bunnies before we left. Jorja refused to take a nap and was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. She was out cold before we hit the main road once in her car seat. It was great fun to catch up with the family. We just don't all get together like that much anymore.


Grandma Marshall and her newest grandbaby... he is technically my cousin.

The girls playing poly pocket.


Dad and Sherry (She brought her youngest daughter and I actually got to meet one of her kids. Yeah... it's about time!)


Me, Mom and Andra

Me, Marci and Andra... would have been perfect if Shanna would have been able to make it. The four of us are really close in age and grew up having loads of fun together!

Jeneece, Andra, Me and Marci hanging out. Gotta love my cousins! They are wonderful and so dang cute! Don't mind my bright WHITE legs. They don't see the sun much.

Blake and Andra

Liv and Jorja being goofy.



My Aunt Amanda and her sister-in- law Angie.


Some nice pictures in front of the old ranch house.





Four Generations. Grandma and Grandpa Marshall, My Daddy, Me, Olivia and Jorja.


The bunnies were SO cute!



Grandpa Marshall, Uncle Kevin and his cute wife and my Daddy just hanging out in front of Grandma and Grandpas house.

Jorja and I being goofy. Oh What A Happy day it was to be with my family!

I hope to make a visit down to see Grandma and Grandpa Marshall again soon. It had been way too long since we made it there. I look forward to sharing that trip with Josh. He didn't make it to the funeral with us. He stayed home to take his class that had already been paid for. It was a rough time for us but I really wish he could have been there to share it with us.

Mom and I eventually made it back to the cabin and stayed the rest of the weekend. It was nice to not rush home and have lots to worry about. The cabin was very healing.

No comments: