Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Beard Day!

Josh turned 30 this January 21st. We were happy to celebrate him, though he wanted to celebrate the beard. It was totally his idea and I had to finally cave, because it fit so well.  This is what the invite said:
 
It’s a “BYOB” Party!
“Bring Your Own Beard

So, Lets Beard up and celebrate Josh!
He and his Beard would like to have you join us
for a celebration in honor of his 30 years.
When: On his Beard-Day of course, January 21st, 2012
Time: 6:00 PM - till it’s over.
Real or Fake, please join in the fun and arrive with your Beard.
Prizes will be awarded for some of the most creative Beards.

A rustic Dutch oven dinner will be served before
Josh and his Beard blow out the candles.
R.S.V.P. Beard Regrets only please to Megan

Authors Note: No Beards were harmed in the making of this invitation.

I am sad to say we could only invite people closest to Josh and not the WHOLE family. We have way too many wonderful people that love us!   The party turned out very well and I am so happy everyone got involved!  It turned out great, except for all the snow. Josh loved the snow, but it was bad for guests to drive it.  I was down right surprised anyone came at all in the bad weather.  Thank you to everyone who did brave the weather. We were so happy to have you visit for the evening and celebrate Josh's Beard Day!





We had a lot of fun just shopping for our beards and the girls had tons of fun helping plan the whole thing.  We tried to keep it a rustic out doors theme since Josh is kind of a lumberjack. Jaye was very kind to supply the linc-n-logs for the kids to play with.





Jorja looked so mischievous to me and that fits her so well!


Please notice Josh's pride and joy in the back ground of Devin and Brandy's amazing beards.

 Josh said that Sean's cop stash counted. So as long as you had facial hair, it would still be alright if you came.

 Josh wanted a picture of the group facial hair!


 Olivia has decided I should be Dumbledoor for Halloween since I already have the beard.  I just couldn't keep it behind my ears to stay on.

 I won the award for the shaggiest beard, we made Josh pick the awards. I for sure deserved that one. I was shedding all over the place. I totally had a hairy chest when I took my beard off.

 Mom for sure wins the award for most realistic! She was kinds of freaky as the bearded lady.

 Dinner was mighty fine I must say!  We cooked the dutch ovens in the garage door opening, barely away from all the snow. But, it worked great! Thanks Mom for helping me with the food, I never would have known how to season the roast that well.


James won the award for the longest beard!

 This was supposed to be Atticus's beard, but due to weather they did not make it. Olivia sported the beard for a bit.
 I hope your wish comes true my love!


 The kids were my favorite! They were hysterical in their beards!  I am so sad that I did not get all their pictures. So, if you happen to have pictures of the kids in their beards please email them to me. I want to scrapbook them all. I was too focused on making sure dinner was ready, I didn't get their pictures in time.







Just for Josh so he could have his cake AND ice cream!  It has been tradition that his mom buy an ice cream cake but that is a tradition of the past due to his bowl issues. 


We had a great evening! It is always wonderful to hang out with good company and I couldn't have pulled off such a party without you all.

 Thank You for making it a wonderful Day for Josh!
Happy 30th Baby, I Love You!

No comments: