We headed south on my 29th Birthday to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Marshall. They live in this amazing and wonderful small town of Venice. Venice has a soft spot in my heart. I spent a lot of time here as a child and have a lot of amazing memories. The original Ranch House, as we fondly call it, is my favorite house. I love the feel and the old thick adobe walls. It has the BEST carpet and I am just at peace when we visit. I couldn't think of a better place to be for my Birthday. I had a wonderful Birthday, thank you everyone for making it special and showering me with love. We had a fun family get together and bombarded my grandparents for the weekend. My Daddy, Sherrie and The Blake and Lindz Clan also came down for the weekend. We had a great time being together and visiting with Grandma and Grandpa. Josh was very happy to be able to ride on the Four Wheelers. Daddy took him over to the clay hills for some fun. It was a well rounded trip. We visited, ate way too much thanks to my very thoughtful Grandma and played just as much. There was NOTHING we had to do and I loved every minute of it. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for being such wonderful and thoughtful hosts!
Here are all the pictures... be prepared!
Venice or Bust!
My Grandma Lavonne and Grandpa Clayton Marshall. Love them endlessly!
The girls loved the big tree around the Ranch House!
The slide under the tree house was the biggest hit of all! We had to pull Jorja and Jaye off the thing!
The girls had lots of fun running and playing in between all the pines planted along the south end of the Ranch House. They have gotten so big...the girls and the trees!
Stunning View!
Hanging out on the front porch!
Love the old Ranch House!
The river was super full! Just starting to go over it's banks in places. We needed to pull a big log out of the rivers. Of course we got the tractor out to do it! The girls LOVED being up on the tractor with Grandpa Rod helping drive.
Josh was very happy to be on this four wheeler, I promise!
Down at the river checking out the water levels and seeing what needs to be done.
The water was hitting the bridge when we were there, I hear it's over the bridge now. Crazy stuff! Normally the water is about 6-8 feet down from the bridge.
Love seeing my girls enjoying this slice of heaven. It was fun to be in the middle of the fields enjoying the country life. Goodness I dream of being a small town girl one day!
Thanks Everyone for making it such a wonderful weekend! It's always great to be together and I look forward to next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment