Monday, March 29, 2010

March 2010 Update

It's been a busy and fun month for us. We started out March by Celebrating my Dad's Birthday with a night out to Olive Garden. We had a great evening catching up and enjoying the good company.



I have spent a chunk of time planning my garden already this year. My table and front window are filled with little plants starting to grow. I have beans, peas, tomatoes, hot peppers, sweet peppers and a few flowers. Will be starting onions and carrots in the yard also. I really want to plant potatoes this year if I can convince my husband to bring home the spare tires I want to plant them in. I have been enjoying flowers in my yard for the last couple weeks. my crocus's and primroses are out. The hyacinths just started blooming this weekend. The tulips are getting big and I can't wait to have them all in bloom! Our grass is starting to come in nicely, especially in the back. I am very excited to enjoy the yard this year! We have raked the mess in the grass and pruned the roses. It will be lots of fun to enjoy all our planning and hard work.





Of course the Leprechaun came to visit on St. Patrick's Day. It took Olivia about 30 min to find the pot of gold hidden in the diaper bag. We had a green breakfast and green lunch and green dinner. Olivia got to take her first home lunch to school even... all green. I had to work, but Grandma Ginger made it up to share in the green meal.

Josh had dug into the nasty cat room and the last couple weeks he has accomplished a lot. It's gone from bare bones to looking like a room again.


Next step, mud and tape. Then onto sanding and paint. Last clean up and flooring. I am so excited to have that room available to use again! We will put the computer back in there and I will have some room to craft, maybe even paint!

This last week was busy busy busy. Josh and the girls have been a bit under the weather which wasn't good considering we had lots of family activities. We turned down two other fun invitations. The big event was Uncle Seanathans 40th Birthday. We had a big surprise party for him.

Lots of wonderful people came to help us celebrate how wonderful Sean is! I hope that he had a very Happy Birthday! My cute cousin got married, we attended a baby shower and another birthday party! Fun fun fun! Josh is very sick of driving all around town though. Next weekend is looking even more busy but even more fun! We are celebrating Easter with the Behunin Clan. I'm sure I will have LOADS of pictures to share with everyone!

Last but not least we had a fun trip to the Z00! We have been trying to get up there for months! We had a good afternoon seeing all the baby animals!




It was fun to spend some one on one time with Grandma Launi and visiting with Lindz and Jaye. I am very glad we went when we did for the baby giraffe died just the next week. We did get some very cute pictures of him... but he did seem so sad.



He wouldn't leave the giraffe house and the caretaker was there trying to feed him/her. The other female giraffes were eating but not the cute baby. He/She was so cute and little next to the other grown giraffes... but still he/she was over six feet tall! We had a great time!

Jorja and Jaye were so cute together that day. They tend to not share well... but... they did! Jorja shared her treats and even fed Jaye part of her banana. It was so sweet to see them interacting so well. It's a rare moment in deed. One day they might really like each other!

No comments: